Jill Jamison Design
|Posted on February 17, 2017 at 9:30 AM||comments (45010)|
Replace or Revive old furnishings
Before you give away that old sofa take a fresh look at the piece, is it neutral? Is the material in good shape? Are the lines on the piece timeless? There are many ways to rescue old pieces and bring them back to life such as a good cleaning, pillows that bring it current, refinishing or even painting in a neautral gray/white or cream. Replacing hardware can also do the trick, A consultaion with a professional home stager can offer you the design advice on what to keep, what to move, and what needs to go. they can also set you up with rentals for new pieces such as furniture, even curtains, rugs and accent pieces. The key is to have your house stand out from the competition. An inviting, current and well designed home that appeals to the broad range of buyers is sure to bring results!
|Posted on January 27, 2017 at 7:50 AM||comments (6980)|
Our last post was focused on the exterior, now it's a key tips for the interiors first impression!
1) Foyer/entry sparkling clean, air freshner if needed. Especially when your home is on the market make sure smoke and pet oders are not present. Another thing to keep in mind are cooking odors, if you like spicey entrees or seafood make sure you air out odors before a showing.
2) Check your front door rug, maybe a new one or clean the existing one.
3) Make sure your trim and stairs are free of chipping paint and scuff marks.
4) LET THE SUN SHINE IN! open blinds & curtains, this is vital and such an easy tip that works.
Use these proven tips for a successful first impression!
|Posted on January 20, 2017 at 9:20 AM||comments (1284)|
TIPS TO SELL YOUR HOME FASTER!
You only have one chance to make the perfect first impression and that starts with the front entry!
* Make sure walkway is swept/shoveled
* Clean mailbox with fresh paint if needed, make sure address is easy to read
* Potted colorful flowers in clean neural pots/urns on front stoop/porch
* Sparkling clean front door freshly painted if needed
* Doorknob/Door knocker/Doorbell cleaned and polished
* New/clean front door mat in neutral such as iron or seagrass
* Clean windows, overhang in entry way
With these tips you are sure to impress! Stay tuned for the next tip...